Tuesday 24 April 2018

First day




I still remember my first day at university. Obviously, I don’t remember all the details since it was ages ago, but I do remember special things. I know I was a little nervous both times.

But to set you in the context, let me tell you I did translation first but I was not sure I wanted that. However, I decided I would finish and then study sociology. I finished my course and started working as a translator and teacher. I also got to interpret stuff and I found it really fun and the money was Ok. This is why I thought; maybe I should get a teaching degree after all. I started looking at the possibilities around and wasn’t too impressed. So I decided to go away.

My first day at pedagogy was very exciting. Most classmates seemed younger and really nervous. I remember this very formal teacher talking to us about Education and the importance of being a teacher with a vocation. He also mentioned some really interesting facts about epistemology, followed by curriculum, assessment, and didactics, which made me think, “This is where I need to be”. I listened to all these words as if they were said to me only and I really got engaged. This class was more like a lecture, the teacher spoke mostly.

Then, we had the break and had some coffee with my classmates who mostly had found the speech really boring and meaningless. I remember having a nice chat with Gabriela, we spoke about music and also different places where you could teach. It was a nice day and I’ll never forget that particular first class. 
The second class on learning theories was not as fun. I think it had to do with the teacher's
Style.

Later I have done several diplomas and my MA. As for sociology,  is still on waiting list...


How about you? Talk about your first day at university. Mention:

How you felt

What the first few classes were like

Who you spoke to

What you did

Anything else you find relevant.

Write a minimum of 200 words and four comments in total.

No comments:

Post a Comment